Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Possible CCD???

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bullin82 
#1 ·
So im in WI and we had a rather long winter this year. I wasn't able to get any feed into the hive until recently and noticed that a large majority of the hive was dead and weak, but still around and active. I now look and I only have about 10 bees and the queen which are all in the top super (I have 2 brood boxes and 2 supers) ive looked up some things and wondering if it might be CCD but I don't want to tear the hive apart to investigate in depth for fear of loosing the queen. Is it worth trying to salvage this hive? could I introduce a new bee colony to the existing loyal contingent and their queen? This is only my second year so not to experienced yet, any and all advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

#5 ·
Well I was finally able to dig into the hive and sadly all bees are gone, but im still wondering why since both the supers frames were full of honey not stacked full but more than enough to feed them. Im thinking something else since as I dug further down I found clumps of moldy dead bees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.