Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Sideliner Product Liability Insurance?

15K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  OneEyedRooster 
#1 ·
Just wondering what other small-scale beekeepers do about product liability insurance when selling only via word-of-mouth and farmer's markets?

#7 ·
Liability for beekeepers is not difficult to get. I have been in insurance for 17 years and have companies that will insure beekeeper liability. You do want to make sure that the agent you are looking at can write business in your state. The company in WTK may be able to write in Kentucky (which is part of the web address) but not in other states. That being said if you are in Kentucky and have coverage through them it is not only good just in Kentucky unless that is specified in the policy. Since I am lic. in Missouri I can only write coverage for those living or have their business address in Missouri but the coverage will go with them if they do business out of state.

#8 ·
Were you able to find product liability insurance for your beekeeping business? If you are making your living off of selling honey, I would strongly recommend you consider getting insurance (or at least get a quote). I can help you get a quote if you are doing business in Arizona, Texas or Nevada. If you need help finding a broker in another state, let me know too!

#10 ·
Got liability insurance last week from Farm Family Insurance. The agent was familiar with the beekeeping/honey selling issues I had been concerned about. The process was fast, easy and hassle free. I think a good and knowledgeable broker helps, but Farm Family is worth while looking into.
I'm on Long Island in NY, and can stop worrying every time I sell a bunch of 1 lb. honey bottles to a farm stand for resale to retail customers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.