I'm still trying to figure out which of my four hives is sending out angry bees to bomb me in my back yard (I'd posted earlier about this). Today I suited up and walked up to the hives. Predictably, none came out to bomb me. I started to annoy them as best possible by tapping on the landing board and eventually was able to consistently have about a half dozen bees angrily buzzing around me. I tried walking away till they left me alone, then walking back to them to see if I could tell where they came from and couldn't tell. I tried standing by one or the other (I'm pretty sure it's one of the end ones, they're all in a row next to each other) but couldn't tell much difference between the two locations. I opened the top of the hives and no angry bees came out at all, just annoyed looking workers staring up at me.

I'm thinking of sealing up one hive tonite by screening it's entrance then seeing if any bees bomb me tomorrow. If so, it's likely the other hive so I'll screen it off and see if I don't get bombed the next day. Sound reasonable? I assume there's no problem in keeping the hive cooped up for a day - it's going to be about 75 degrees, I'd use screen, and one has a screened bottom board.