Default Help me with new caught swarm please

Caught a huge swarm today, 5-6-13, bees still in the box, but not bringing in any pollen yet. I have 10 frames of drawn comb in the hive. About how long should it be, before I see pollen coming in[/U] like the other hives?. Thanks and blessings...........
    Last edited by beepop; 05-06-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: CHANGING TITLE INFO

Default Re: Help me with new caught swarm please

Ive seen swarms start bringing in pollen the day after i caught it. I would think you will start seeing pollen coming tomorrow being that you gave them drawn comb. If not don't panic they should start in a day or two. And keep an eye on them, I big swarm can grow extremely fast on a full box of comb.

beepop...Swarms are 'ready' to draw comb. Do you have more frames of drawn comb for future use? I would pull 5 or 6 of the drawn comb, and give them frames with foundation, and let them go to town. Totally my opinion of course! That and a nickle will get you a nickle.

They need to settle in a bit IMO before they begin foraging. I bet you'll see pollen going in in the next couple days.

Swarms are fun! Good job!

They'll likely find pollen right away but give it time, there's no brood to feed yet.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Thanks Deepsouth. I was getting panicky. Not too sure about all the particulars yet. Thanks for the post. Blessings......

Thanks Ravenseye,
    Hope to see it pretty soon. That is usually a good sign.