Default Does sugar water promote comb building?

I'm receiving 40 nucs (3 framers) this week, and I just have new plastic frames fill up the rest of the hive with, so they're going to have to build 7 frames, and I want to make sure they do that so that the queen has room to lay and doesn't stay on the 3 frames with comb.

So I'm wondering if by feeding them lots of syrup, they would build on those frames (I have the feeders already).

Also, there's not a lot of flowers where I'm at in the summer. So that's why I'd have to feed them (it's very dry here).

Default Re: Does sugar water promote comb building?

I do not see how you could avoid feeding them, if there is no flow. Yes - feeding will expedite comb building.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

Yes, if there's limited flow, then feeding them is going to promote faster/more comb building. On the other hand, if there IS a good nectar flow when you feed, they simply won't take the feed very well. Just out of curiosity, how many established hives do you already have?

There is a very important point , feed the cell according to need so that each frame covered with bees needs 10 CC of feeding in order to avoid loss places to lay eggs by the Queen.

Sure, syrup is collected by the bees just like nectar. They'll need space for storing it just like nectar so they'll draw wax and make comb. Some of that comb will be used for brood and that allows the queen to lay eggs. As time goes on, nature and the bees regulate what they need for space (food space, honey space, brood space) so you don't have to feed forever.....just enough to get them in gear pulling wax.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Thanks!