Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I want to send bees to N. Dakota

Hi, I am interested in sending a semi of beehives to North Dakota or other places during the summer for honey. I had one truck last year in N. Dakota and they did well, but the beekeeper I worked with decided to place his own hives. Currently, my hives are strong on at least 2 deep boxes, full of bees, they just came out of citrus (oranges). I was wondering if you know (recommend) someone that has registered locations and does a fair job, is honest, as we are. Thanks.

Default Re: I want to send bees to N. Dakota

We are leaving June 17th. from Sacramento to North Dakota.
    California Almond Pollination Services, Inc.
    http://www.almondbeepollination.com

North Dakota is FULL
    Greg Stahlman; Stahlman Apiaries Inc.

You have to hate the Internet.

Here are all thier phone #'s

http://www.nd.gov/ndda/files/resourc...persList_0.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeck View Post
    You have to hate the Internet.

Here are all thier phone #'s

http://www.nd.gov/ndda/files/resourc...persList_0.pdf
    Thanks for the post, I got nucs this spring from a supplier in Kentucky. Some of the frame are branded and there name was on that list. Make's a person think, how many miles bee's travels in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by gregstahlman View Post
    North Dakota is FULL
    hold the horses! I believe we had this discussion on out of staters dumping there semi loads right on top of us here in the California orange belt . every commercial guy I've talked to since pettle fall has a story of a Montana ,north Dakota ,Russian or some other out of towner dumping a semi load on them. turn around is fair trade so one of you that took our liguid gold help the California guy out an find him a spot least he's asking do do it nicely

North Dakota is FULL
    Yeah, better yet send them to S. Dakota there's more room there. lol

Sorry Jimmy, couldn't let Gregg get off scott free.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

North Dakota is FULL
    It so packed full the hives are lined up against the Canadian border.

All the added pressure I observed this year was from California opperations holding bees back from coastal and southern regions do to the drought. Nothing to do with out of state opperations.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Martens View Post
    Wait a minute, last I heard all the bees were dying. What gives?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by busy bee apiary View Post
    All the added pressure I observed this year was from California opperations holding bees back from coastal and southern regions do to the drought. Nothing to do with out of state opperations.
    You must have been looking in the wrong spots. You sure it didn't have something to do with snow?
    I think Bigbill has it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Jim View Post
    You must have been looking in the wrong spots. You sure it didn't have something to do with snow?
    I think Bigbill has it right.
    I'm referring to the area between Elderwood, ca and porterville, ca not to much snow to be had there around mid to late April. Nothing I'm saying is ment to cause controversey just stating my observations as I'm in that area 8 months out of the year.

I'm referring to the area between Elderwood, ca and porterville, ca not to much snow to be had there around mid to late April. Nothing I'm saying is ment to cause controversey just stating my observations as I'm in that area 8 months out of the year.
    an almost every one a new neighbor known effectionatly as the Russian or that Montana outfit when you get the big an little guys talkin about it im talken about guys like Max , norm, mike an others . for you guys that run here you know these guys . you know we have a problem so I feel for you N.dakota guys .

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    an almost every one a new neighbor known effectionatly as the Russian or that Montana outfit when you get the big an little guys talkin about it im talken about guys like Max , norm, mike an others . for you guys that run here you know these guys . you know we have a problem so I feel for you N.dakota guys .
    So Big Bill,
    If I'm understanding this right a young ambitious guy like myself shouldn't get the same opportunity as many of the keepers had 25+ years ago. As most of the operations I know started the same way as I did with a few hives and grown from there.
    As for your Russian/Montana comment that's a bunch of bs. I feel as though I am representing the bee industry as it should be. I supply awesome bees for the growers I work with and if anyone farmer or the public ever has a bee problem I address it quickly and get it taken care of. Both of the above I feel as though many guys are doing a piss poor job of.

I'm referring to the area between Elderwood, ca and porterville, ca not to much snow to be had there around mid to late April.
    I'm referring to Montana. Any snow there in April?

Where could I set down a couple loads in Montana this summer? Its wide open like California, right?

North Dakota is FULL

Not only are bees flying across the border,....small hive beetle is migrating also and whatever else will eventually arrive....duty free
    and without clearing customs......so there goes for your tight secure border

Quote Originally Posted by loggermike View Post
    Where could I set down a couple loads in Montana this summer? Its wide open like California, right?
    Hey Mike, if your asking me for permission I don't beleave it's my right to grant or deny what you wish to do. Sounds kinda like the guys that are trying to tell the farmers what they are able to do and apply to there crops. I run half my opperation in North Dakota and I picked up two new neighbors last year. Obviously I would prefer it to be just me there as years past but that's not my call, they should have the same opportunity. Right? Put your time and effort into your business, own up to your mistakes(not passing the blame onto someone else), and make the best of what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by irwin harlton View Post
    North Dakota is FULL

Not only are bees flying across the border,....small hive beetle is migrating also and whatever else will eventually arrive....duty free
    and without clearing customs......so there goes for your tight secure border
    arrest those bees and export everyone that doesnt clear customs and make em spit out the nectar prior to exportation.

Montana has a three mile radius registration law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast