Default Hello from Missouri

Hello everyone, my name is Julie and I've been keeping bees for about five years now. My husband and I own an apple orchard of about 350 trees and I was
    attracted to beekeeping for the pollination factor, but fell in love with the little creatures and, well, you understand . My husband and I are retired (we thought), I was a RN and he was in the IT field. He helps with lots of the heavy lifting and extracting and just all round support lol. We have five children, ten grandchildren, four dogs and five horses. Every year is a new adventure with having bees. There are always new challenges and frustrations, but also delights and learning opportunities. I love my girls!

Default Re: Hello from Missouri

Hello from Springfield, MO. How many hives do you have to work 350 trees?
    No one famous.

I have four hives and we've had great pollination. Even when I first started out with two hive we had good results. The trees are on about 2 1/2 acres. Semi-dwarf.

I never thought i would see someone in my neck of the woods on here. I'd love to visit with you. My bees are on the way to higbee off of Hwy B.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome, from another Mo. beekeeper.

and hello, from yet another mid-mo beek.. millersburg,mo.

Hello from Kansas City and welcome to the site. Hope to learn a few tricks of the trade from you relative to Missouri.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!

Welcome to Beesource!

I have two (2) dwarf apple trees, and about 330 raspberry and thornless blackberry plants. It was the berries that led me to beekeeping.
    Graham
    -- The real problem is not precise language, it's clear language. - Richard Feynman

Welcome Julie!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Hwy B? I live on route B west of Higbee, heading toward Yates. Hello neighbor!

Wow, that's a lot of berries! I have thornless blackberries, but only a fifty foot row, plenty to keep me in preserves for the year. The bees sure do love them, so I can imagine how busy your girls get when bloom is on. Thank you for the welcome!

Hey thanks to everyone for the nice welcome! I'm so glad I found this forum and even happier hearing from other Missouri beekeepers.
    For anyone in the north central region of Missouri we have just started a new beekeeping club called North Central Missouri Beekeepers Association.
    Meeting with be held in Macon at the VoTech building at the high school. First meeting is 5/6 7-9PM. Going to be talking about splits and queen replacements.
    Any questions contact Bob Brammer at 660-415-6480 or rbrammer@cvalley.net. Meetings will be held first Monday of each month.

I have a lot of respect for Bob. He's a member of the Boone Regional Beekeepers and I like to here his opinion on things. This year has started off a lot wetter than last year and I'm hoping for a good honey harvest finally.
    Jordan