Hybrid View

Default Is anybody currently using apitherapy for arthritis?

I've been a beekeeper for fifteen years and have taken the occasional sting to combat arthritis in my fingers. I'm making plans to begin a more scheduled, and intentional regimen this year.

For those of you currently using apitherapy for arthritis, I'd be interested in hearing your stories.

Thanks,

Jim

Default Re: Is anybody currently using apitherapy for arthritis?

I did not have a problem with arthritis. But I was stung on 2 fingers a few weeks back and they swelled up and hurt. Joints got stiff and would not bend. Itched alot.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmidwest View Post
    I did not have a problem with arthritis. But I was stung on 2 fingers a few weeks back and they swelled up and hurt. Joints got stiff and would not bend. Itched alot.
    I've placed the stings right on the joint of my finger, and yes...it swells incredibly stiff. The skin around of the finger also gets tight as a drum. But...a day or so later, the swelling goes down and the venom produces an analgesic effect, giving the joint a little more freedom. A word of caution: remove your rings first, or you may be sorry.

I'm not saying it's for everybody, but I'm liking the results I'm seeing so far. I'm keeping a journal of dates and times and I'm going to be doing a lot of experimenting this summer. I sure love my girls.

JB

I have some deformed fingers from arthritis, it just do not bother me anymore because of intentional bee stings. 20 stings on elbows, a few on the wrists when I am hurting. My wife had Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed by several doctors; thanks to apitherapy and Gods will, she is just fine.

I'm thinking about putting velcro patches on the knees of my bee pants, just to open them up and get stung there at the end of the work day. The stings sure help stop the arthritis pain, but mostly if they are right near the pain in the joint. I'm usually good for a week or two afterwards, but I probably only have the very beginning of arthritis, if that's what it is.

I get stung a lot, especially during queen rearing season. I'm fairly used to it, and have very little reaction to the stings anymore. I've gotten as many as 550 stings in one day without much problem.

Do you count your stings?

Personally, I would prefer to catch the bee by the wings and apply it to the desired location, iow, the hot spot. The bee will do the rest. Several at a time to each hot spot should suffice for a hard core sting getter like you! Use fingers or tweezers to catch and leave the stingers in for awhile.

Well my 4th sting this season didn't really hurt and hardly any itching. Still its hard for me to think about killing one of my girls. Heck I hate to squash one when putting a super or inner cover back on. But, at the same time I guess I take a steer to the processor just to make money

Grizz, I agree with Bee Bliss. You need to start slowly with this. Start with a sting, if no problems, you can do 2 in a couple of days, maybe even work up to 4 or 5. IMO, there is no reason to take an uncontrolled number of stings like .........Charlie.

I believe the stings can help by getting your body to respond to the problem, but again be careful to not overdo it. You have the advantage of having the bees and having had the experience of being stung already.

IMO, go for it!

For me, when I do this (in my shoulder and knee), I don't even feel the pain after a few seconds, and sometime later, I remove the stingers.