Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Serious Rain Ahead

So are we All now the weather tracker or beekeepers?
    This beekeeping stuff keep me on a time management level never seen before.
    So dry here that there's nothing to track but wait.

Quote Originally Posted by beepro View Post
    So are we All now the weather tracker or beekeepers?
    Since one has such an effect on the other, I tend to keep up with the weather. (of course, I had weather stations before I got bees, too. )

Since 7:00 am Saturday, I've had 3.78 inches of rain and it's still coming down.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

Finally dried out today. Broke free from clouds and rain yesterday afternoon. Four days worth was 9+ (topped out gauge twice).

Sunny, light breeze, and high around 75. Gorgeous day today!! Worked Mentor and a friends bees today before taking a split of brood frames from friends Italians. Still had me nervous having them in trunk of Toyota on 335 mile run to my farm. Girls were fanning as soon as I cracked the top. Forgot my hardware cloth to give them ventilation. Turned out great though.

Even better was sitting by the lakeshore watching sunset as the dawg rolled by the refreshed lake with fish jumping after the 9 million love bugs the rain brought us!!

The rain that started sometime early Saturday morning came to an end here at 5PM today. Just over 8 inches total. That's added to the 3+ inches from the previous weekend. Sort of soggy here, but glad to have it.

It was more down south, I suppose. I had 4.17 inches since Saturday. 3.5 inches the previous weekend. 20 degrees below normal today. Hopefully it will warm up and dry out this week.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

It wasn't that bad after all here. It did blow the covers off a couple of my hives and a tree fell on my electric fence. No damage, just some hot bees when I got out there today. Supposed to rain a little tomorrow but I think it's pretty much over.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.