Default Cold Spring Temp Too Cold for Brood

I received a package 30 days ago and weather in Northwest Arkansas has varied considerably from warm to freezing and warm again. Looks like snow for tomorrow. Beautiful foundation and foundation less combs are drawn out but I don't see any capped brood. Plenty of honey. Bees seem very calm, coming and going. They are feeding on 1:1 syrup. Does this seem OK.

Default Re: Cold Spring Temp Too Cold for Brood

Welcome to Beesource!

Having no capped brood after 30 days is not "normal", but if you are a new beekeeper might it bee that you may not recognize capped brood?

Photo from the Beesource Glossary
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Any uncapped brood? no brood after 30 days even with the weather would be a problem.

Good question regarding the uncapped brood. To be complete barren after a month just doesn't sound right even with some cold weather.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Too cold to re-check, now. There are capped cells towards the upper outer quadrants that look like capped brood cells in your pic. Comb is fully drawn in the center. That is where I thought Brood cells would be. Can they be to the outside of the frame?