Default Any swarms in Connecticut yet?

I've been trying my best to keep my hives from swarming & so far so good, but I'm wondering how everyone else is doing? With this stretch of warm weather were in now I would think we should start seeing some.
    I have to admit though as a newbee I have never seen one. Would love to catch one, even put a few traps out there but not sure how often it happens around here.
    Any thoughts from some locals??

Default Re: Any swarms in Connecticut yet?

Nothing yet, although I have to check my Carniolans this weekend. They build up quickly.

I would think its still a little early. I know we are having great weather now, but it was very cold up to 3 weeks ago. I would think it will be another 2 weeks before we see any swarms this far north.
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

I have a couple adds out . . . no calls yet.

I cut out several swarm cells this morning. Lots of drones and it's that time here!

Keep an eye on the "Please Post your Swarm Dates" sticky, particularly reports from the east coast. You can see the swarm reports moving northward. The most recent one is from PA, west and slightly north of Philadelphia. So, say about 90 miles due south of Hartford? If you look in that thread, around pages 73-75, you can see swarm reports coming in from Va, PA, and NY starting around the middle of April, with reports from NY coming a few days after reports from VA and PA. This spring has been a bit colder than last year, so we've been delayed, but the fact that there are reports in PA implies it's almost time here.

I'd say another week, two at most, before things exploded.