Default Cheep bee vacuum

This is not my design, but I want to spread the word. It took me 10 minutes to make this. If the suction is too strong, I just tape off one of the outlet vents. Battery powered and easy to use.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/...pse9e24ceb.jpg

Default Re: Cheep bee vacuum

Nice but would not hold many bees.

not to be a killjoy, but I've had to use 2 8-frame deep nucs in my bee vac, for a single cut-out, as the first one was packed full of bees; a cut-up 2-liter bottle is, IMHO utterly useless for anything more than "sweeping up" a few stragglers on a return trip. :/

Quote Originally Posted by robherc View Post
    not to be a killjoy, but I've had to use 2 8-frame deep nucs in my bee vac, for a single cut-out, as the first one was packed full of bees; a cut-up 2-liter bottle is, IMHO utterly useless for anything more than "sweeping up" a few stragglers on a return trip. :/
    From my experience with my last cut-out inside a water meter box, this will do what I need and support my determined effort to NOT spend money to save bees.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDoorlock View Post
    From my experience with my last cut-out inside a water meter box, this will do what I need and support my determined effort to NOT spend money to save bees.
    I suppose this is no different than any other activity. "you get out of it what you put into it."

Quote Originally Posted by schmism View Post
    I suppose this is no different than any other activity. "you get out of it what you put into it."
    I was going to say: "you get what you pay for" and it looks to me that you paid too much. Good for when a bee comes into your house. The first swarm I vac'ed this year was about ten pounds of bees and has filled it's jumbo brood chamber and is well into it's second honey super.