Question Nosema or Dysentary? (New package, 5 days in)

Hi all, I am a new beekeeper with my first package having been installed just 5 days ago. My hive is being fed 1:1 sugar water through a hive top feeder. I plan to check on the queen's release tomorrow. I peeked in on their food supply today and saw that they are taking the sugar syrup well, so they aren't going hungry. I noticed the poop on the front of the hive. I had expected yellow, but the dark color has me concerned. Is this normal?
    DSCN9807a.jpg

Default Re: Nosema or Dysentary? (New package, 5 days in)

Here is another picture showing the whole front.

DSCN9806 (2).jpg

I wouldn't worry about it. I often see extra poop on the outside of the hive in the spring. If it is dysentery your are doing the right thing by feeding them sugar water. I also noticed in the picture that you have an entrance reducer. I recommend removing it with temperatures warming up. This will increase needed ventilation and give the bees more room to enter and exit the hive.

Dysentery is normal for any confined bees. The only way to diagnose Nosema is with a microscope...

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesnosema.htm
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thank you, Michael and Jon B. A couple days have passed and there aren't anymore marks on the front of the hive. I'm hopeful that they are feeling better.