Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Help From La Porte Tx

728 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  julysun 
#1 · (Edited)
I found one hive weak and with low bee count last Friday. This hive I moved recently from a TBH into a Lang and may have killed the queen or the hive swarmed. Anyway, what to do. Also recently a beek from nearby La Porte had stopped and introduced himself, 35 hives and 55 years a beekeeper. I called him and to make it short he came by today, sold me a populated Nuc for 50 bucks and did a newspaper combine onto my hive. All the time telling me and showing me how to inspect, decide and do the makeover as well as how to follow up the work. Now That was a more than a good deed!
During this work we visited his honey house and one bee yard. He was very calm and talkative (instructive in a friendly manner), his bees were aggressive but he smoked them a little and went about his business like it was a Sunday walk in the park!
Anyway, some Bee days be better than others be! :applause: :rolleyes:

Link to photo of the newspaper combine; http://www.flickr.com/photos/77932428@N05/8699467780/in/photostream

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.