Default high rise bee hive safety issues

As a follow up to my earlier question about putting hives on a hotel roof, I want to ask for some advice. The chef needs to convince the Director of Engineering for the hotel that this is not a huge safety risk. Can anyone point me to online articles that might convince him? Also, this roof does not have access to water. Anyone have experience with some sort of rooftop water catchment system? Chef would like a garden too. Thanks.

Default Re: high rise bee hive safety issues

Contact Dean Stiglitz (deknow), he and his wife have several hives atop the Intercontinental Hotel in Boston.

Do a quick google search - lots of articles like this one: http://www.greenlodgingnews.com/inte...eehives-apiary

Cheers,
    Tony P.
    There must be a harder way to do that... let me find it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Balee3 View Post
    The chef needs to convince the Director of Engineering for the hotel that this is not a huge safety risk.
    Safety risk from the bees (people getting stung), or the safety risk of letting a person have open access to the hotel roof?
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

Don't know much about the safety aspect. At my workplace they are more concerned with people damaging the building (roof) and causing leaks by walking where they shouldn't.

I would think that a good water source would be condensation drains from AC units.

Steve

You might want to mention the fondness that bees have for swimming pools if the hotel has an outdoor pool.