Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Canadian border open?

Actually I sold packages to a old gentlemen into the states 3 or 4 springs ago. He had planned to produce honey in canada then in the fall bring the skaken beess into the states for almond pollination next february. I sold him 2 packages as a trial run. It represented 2 years of phone calls 40-50 of them between us and I do not know how many he made with the authorities to keep it all above board. So I know it can be done, just a lot of hoops.

Just read over your post Mike and the hoops outlined seem accurate as to what happened between myself , the buyer and the government (both sides of it).

Pretty tough for a queen or a package but on an order of 400 packages, well that is another kettle of fish.

Jean-Marc

Ian, I sure wish our govermnent had some balls.

problem is you guys vote in two different governments that act at the same time!
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    problem is you guys vote in two different governments that act at the same time!
    Say what? Not sure what you mean. Am I the only ones lost here?

Think he means you can have a democratic house and a republican senate or visa versa with the guys in the senate trying to hold stuff up for the purpose of making the guys in the house look bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Markt View Post
    Think he means you can have a democratic house and a republican senate or visa versa with the guys in the senate trying to hold stuff up for the purpose of making the guys in the house look bad...
    Good thing about "our system" its stable and slow to change. Change happens. Slowly at that I agree. Not about to get in line for a parliamentarian system for anything in the world. The US constitution helps build stability.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234