Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dansk Farms

Default Dansk Farms

I placed an order with Dansk that was supposed to be shipped on the 15th of April. I tried to communicate with them when the queens did not ship out. Left phone messages and emails multiple times. Luckily they take payment through Amazon payment services so I asked for a refund after two weeks of no communication. I would stay away from them unless they get some customer service, unless of course you are withing driving distance and you can get your product when you pay.

Dansk Farms
    Winter Park, Florida
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Dansk Farms

I too am having issues with Dansk Farms. Having to ship late because of weather issues is understandable, but when they won't respond to phone or email after several attempts I am assuming at this point that they have decided to keep my money.

No refund, No Queens, No communication!

I will keep you updated.
    Kevin Rickert

Their website says pre-order for May 28th. Perhaps they are having problems.

Likely unrelated, but I saw this statement on their site: "Warning to novice beekeepers: The queen cannot create a hive herself. Our queens will be shipped with attendant bees but these aren't enough for a viable hive."

This gives me a little pause as to who they might be dealing with and what experience led them to place such a warning.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

"Their website says pre-order for May 28th. Perhaps they are having problems."

When I ordered it said pre-order for April 15th. When I ordered it was January.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBee View Post
    Likely unrelated, but I saw this statement on their site: "Warning to novice beekeepers: The queen cannot create a hive herself. Our queens will be shipped with attendant bees but these aren't enough for a viable hive."
    AstroBee,

I have had this kind of question / comment from a customer. They were trying to decide if they should spend the big bucks for the whole package or just get a queen and let her attract her own bees. There are sometimes some poor assumptions made by those new to beekeeping. The more clear the communication, the less chance of having to refund or answer a lot of questions from an upset customer.

Chris Cripps
    Chris@betterbee.com

Just spoke with Dansk Farms. He is in fact behind schedule due to weather related issues and is working things out with me. If anything changes I will give an update.
    Kevin Rickert

Ordered 4 for April 8th shipping. No reply to email but finally got thru by phone at night on April 16th. Got an email the next morning (Wednesday) that my queens had shipped. Set up hives for the queens and they did not arrive. Reached them by phone last week an he had been in the hospital. Was behind and would try to get them in the mail soon.

The queens arrived today in good shape but I had to juggle things around a bit to take care of them. I know it has been a tough Spring for raising queens and appreciate that my order was filled, but good communicating goes a long way to keeping customers happy.
    Gary

I'm not saying some of you don't have legitimate complaints, and I know nothing about Dansk Farms, but keep in mind that a one man show can fall behind quickly with just one thing going wrong. If more than one thing goes wrong (like health and weather) it can get overwhelming in a hurry with no one to take over the slack. This isn't like selling widgets that you have already in a warehouse, it's selling something that is perishable and very dependent on many things, including your constant work to produce them.

Once things fall behind, one can quickly find oneself spending every waking hour talking to customers when one needs to be in the beeyard raising queens...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Agreed. However, a quick email can be sent to a lot of customers at once telling them that things are running behind. This would likely free up time because everyone would not be calling to find out the status of their ordered queens.

I too, am a one man operation, and when I ordered queens for April 8th, I started getting hives set up to be ready to accept the queens when they arrived. When the queens did not come at the expected time, I moved the boxes back below an excluder so that more eggs and brood could be put in them. I repeated this process when I received the email on April 17th that the queens had shipped. And again yesterday when they finally arrived, but without any advanced notice.

I truely understand that a lot of things can happen to delay the delivery of queens, but I think it saves the producer and the purchaser valuable time to communicate what is happening so that appropriate steps can be taken to deal with the delay.
    Gary

Refund not received yet.
    Kevin Rickert

I tried to warn purchasers about Dansk when they first posted but my post was pulled .........
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox OA Vaporizer,
    "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

My passion for beekeeping led me to start Dansk Farms several years ago. It has been a real challange, but I have always loved my work. I believe that I have produced very good queens for those who ordered from me. Unfortunately, Mr. Bush is correct. It is very difficult to operate the business as just one person trying to manage all aspects of the business. As Michael pointed out, it is difficult to recover when you experience a setback or health problem. I am grateful to all those who allowed me to earn their business. I appologize for the delays and problems that I have caused. Thank-you for your understanding and patience as I try to resolve the issues. The beekeeping community has been very kind to me.

I am as sympathetic as the next guy when it comes to someone having setbacks as I've been there myself. BUT, the fact is you took money for a product you couldn't deliver which is understandable and when you finally got around to admitting it and offered to refund the purchase price you fell short! If my order was for a few queens I would have forgot about it but it was a several hundred dollar order and I just can't swallow that!
    For anyone else on here who wants to offer excuses and scenarios I wonder how you would take it if you were ripped off for that kind of money.

That's sad when there's a failure to communicate that's usually a red flag.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

Thumbs Up Two thumbs up for Dansk Farms!

I made two orders for queens this year from Dansk farms. Joe was a bit late and a couple of the queens died enroute, but he made things right. I would buy queens from him again. Two hives with his queens were actually scattered by a tornado in my back yard May fifteenth.....Those queens are laying machines today, go figure.
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

Default Re: Two thumbs up for Dansk Farms!

I would like to thank everyone for their comments and advice. I'm greatful that I have now been able to catch up on the outstanding orders and issue refunds where it was necessary. I'm going to resume selling the Buckfast Queens through our website. Also, I will be changing the way that I sell the queens, and will be listing them as they are available. rather than taking pre-orders for the time being.

Danish Buckfast Queens For Sale

Visit Us:

Sorry (Joe) or Dansk, this is not the FIRST time you've done this. First time shame on you, second time shame on me!
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox OA Vaporizer,
    "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

Received a full refund. THANK YOU!
    Kevin Rickert

As did I - no complaints

I wish I read this before I put my order in. my order was to be shipped out on 4/1/14 today is 4/7/14 and I haven't heard a word form danskfarms. I have called and emailed them with no luck with a reply. I do wish to get the queens that I paid for back in Jan. I can understand if there running behind but as some of you have said failure to communicate is not a good thing. just a email, quick phone call or even a post on there website would calm my nerves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast