Photo on 2013-04-28 at 19.57.jpgresampled2Photo on 2013-04-28 at 19.57 #2.jpg

A friend was cleaning out some beekeeping stuff from the 80's and gave me a box of these frames. They are a constant 1/2" thick even at the top and bottom bars. It looks as if there is some sort of spacer that would go in the hole. Without the spacer there would be zero room between the frames. I'm thinking of rigging up a spacer (perhaps a dowel), putting some wax on them and giving them to a strong hive. It would be interesting to know what the history of this type of frame is. There is no brand name on them. My wild guess is that they worked OK but were too expensive to be a practical choice for commercial beekeepers so the company stopped manufacturing.