Default Flow starting in Connecticut???

So what do you guys out there think, is the flow starting here in Ct? Already started? What would say is the peak of the season?
    Dandilions are out, Hyacinth, tulips starting Weeping Cherry & other similar trees are flowering. Others too that I can't think of at the moment.

Default Re: Flow starting in Connecticut???

The bees are definitely bringing in nectar. Maples have popped and there are numerous sources that the bees are foraging on (I've been told), in spite of the dryness.

I saw a few drones walking around combs today and a good bit of drone brood. My bees have built up quickly in the past three weeks...
    Last edited by BeeCurious; 04-26-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: It's been dry...
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Lots of drones here too. I made a few splits to try & stop swarming. I really don't want to feed any more than I absolutely have to.
    This being my first spring, I'm still trying to figure out the timing of things here.

Made some nucs last Wed in Windsor and found a hive with the beginnings of swarm cells so I took 4 frames of brood.I supered that yard on Sat and found another.That one I just broke in half and added a box of drawn comb to each.
    So I would say the flow is starting and no need to feed.Heavy dandilion bloom is the indicator for me.