Default Trap outs and pricing

I have a # in mind, but I hate to leave $$$ on a table. And I have never seen any $ thrown around on doing one. I have allis Avoided doing one but allis welcome cut outs.
    David
    My-smokepole
    http://www.davidspaintingandwallpapering.com"

Default Re: Trap outs and pricing

I haven't had anyone get serious about wanting the service yet. I've probably probably been called about a dozen bee trees over the past couple years. As soon as they realize it costs to get them out they become disinterested. I think it would have to become a business liability situation before someone would become serious about paying a beekeeper to do a trapout. Of the folks who have performed trapouts I would be interested to hear what the ratio is between people who just put up with the bees and those who follow through and pay money to have them removed.

I normally do a flat rate of $175-250 for business customers - depending upon the complexity. It factors in about 3 trips at $75 an hour. Residential customers with bees in a tree, I usually don't charge - mostly out of fear they will call an exterminator. That's just me, because I want the bees.
    NM desert/mountain beekeeper - Black Mesa Honeybees.

I got $400 for one last summer. Wouldn't do one for free or more than 20 mins from home unless the owner is willing to help out with keeping an eye on things.

I did 2 trap outs where both said they weren't paying, only offering me the bees basically. One was going to give some gas money then didn't. I got 3 hives total, 2 still surviving.
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF

I went to do a big trap-out for the local Wal-Mart once and quoted them $400 dollars. They would not pay either. I guess they figured someone would come and get them for free, or an exterminator would be cheaper. I left them with the bees.
    NM desert/mountain beekeeper - Black Mesa Honeybees.