Default uncapping tank (improvised)

Has anyone found another source of plastic honey gates besides the bee catalogs? Does a plastic laundry sink with legs really make a good uncapping tank? Bought a heat gun today and didn't have any luck uncapping with it. The caps just sealed back firm and it even scorched my combs. Back to a hot knife and capping lifter fork for me.

Default Re: uncapping tank (improvised)

I'm using a home made decapper. I made a wooden box that fits over a meat pan. Put a hurricane strap on the top bar so the frames dont move around.
    IMAG0423.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg
    Tom
    Tater Road Apiary

I took a cooler and removed the screws that held the lid hidges on off. screwed me a board in the middle and put a screw in middle of board to set frames with side rail holes on. I then made me a frame to hold wire grates you buy for your grill they set about in the middle of cooler. So when I uncapped all the capping fell on rack and honey fell into bottom. I then set cooler on table at angle toward drain hole that normally you would drain water from ice out of. I let honey run through my strainer in bucket. It has worked great for the past couple years. The wife bought me decapping tub this year for my bday so guess I will retire the cooler.