Default Newly Split Hive has Dysentery

Had to make a split with a queen and a few frames earlier in the week to prevent a swarm.

I moved them to a Nuc box on a nice day, but the 3 following days were fairly cold and rainy.

When I inspected the hive today I noticed a lot of streaking on the front of the hive, as well as inside.

The parent hive has no signs of dysentery.

Could this be a potential problem and what can I do about it?

Thanks!
    Jayson

Default Re: Newly Split Hive has Dysentery

What are you feeding them? Hopefully not scorched/boiled sugar syrup or anything but white sugar.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

You might want to consider adding HBH to help them get their digestive tract more active.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

Are there any running around on the ground? Look for K wing also could be nosema from the stress. Poop everywhere is usualy one of the first signs.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

Thanks for the replies!

They are currently being fed sugar 1:1 with 1 tsp HBH per quart. Not boiled etc. Same syrup they were being fed in the parent colony.

I didnt notice any K-wings or bees running around near the hive, I will look closer tomorrow.

Will splitting bees make them more susceptible to Nosema?

No splitting will not in general but stress will. I have gotten packages that get it after being in the hive about a week, poop everywhere and they were crawling around on the ground. Gave them some fumagilin and it cleared right up.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.