Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

D.E. hive with Langstroth nuc

981 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Michael Bush 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the D.E. hive style? I'm purchasing a Langstroth nuc which has a different size frame compared to the D.E. hive frame. I'm hoping someone has experienced this issue and has a design for a conversion kit or transfer board.

Thanks......

#2 ·
I have had a number of them. About your only option, if you are stuck on getting the nuc, is to do a cutout or make an adapter to put the nuc over or under the D.E. If you put a ten frame deep down first, you can make an adapter by putting two one bys on the outside of one side (it's square) of the D.E. These two will set on top of the short side of the Langstroth. Then putting two one by's on the outside of the long side of the Langstroth and screw the top ones into the bottom ones at the corners.

#4 ·
Some extractors the DE frames fit in fine. I had to modify mine. I replaced the upright shafts that hold the Frame rests (plastic circles with notches in them) with threaded stock and nuts to hold them, so I could move them closer (the gap was too large for the DE). It makes them harder to clean, but it works fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.