Default Might be trouble

Requeened hive 10 days ago, had a look inside today.10 frame double deep with honey super on. Found two queen cells cap next to top of frame on frame 3 or 7 outside edge. Didnt see queen,very little brood maybe size of baseball.Not a very good queen I think. What would be you thoughts these queen cells, think I should leave them and let the bees do there own thing. Bottom brood nest is open no back filling. What do you think?Oh! the people I got her from said she was there 10 days
    Last edited by keswickb; 04-25-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: add more to thread

Default Re: Might be trouble

If only 2 qcs then leave them alone. Hopefully one will hatch to give you a new queen.

I hope so,30 bucks a queen is a lot for one that does not lay good. Thanks beepro.
    Last edited by keswickb; 04-25-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling

I do not know how reliable your queen supplier is. When I went to bought my one expensive queen bee the
    beekeeper show her first. Sometimes the queen not belong to the same hive so the worker
    bees will reject her and build their own. It seems like this is a common practice with the honey bees. I don't
    just trust the supplier anymore because there are rooms for human errors. I trusted my first bee supplier that
    he gave me 2 aggressive queen bees. I got stung and chased all summer long last year. Did not harvest much
    honey from them. If you think 30 is expensive I have to paid 36 for mine and she's local too. Imagine if she has
    to be ship from somewhere else. Anyways, I am happy with her giving me so much fun and not an aggressive queen.

A new bee store opened across the mountain year.I brought one last year from them a carni .She did great. But they got them shipped in, don't no from where. I did find a local beekeeper that sells Minnesota hygienic Italian queens. Going to try him next time. Hes been beekeeping for years.I got my nuc from him this year, but they havea capped supercedure cell too.