Default Mann Lake Minnesota Package Pickup

For those of you who may be picking up packages from Mann lake in Minnesota this spring, I just received some info that may be of some use. I sent them an email to verify that their package supplier was aware of our prolonged winter. I just wanted to verify that I shouldn't expect bees in April with snow still on the ground. They initially told me that they typically get their packages at the end of April or beginning of may and they wouldn't know the pickup day until possibly 24 hours prior to pickup day. Their response indicated that their supplier was aware of our situation and that the pickup range is pushed towards the beginning of may. They also indicated that it will be pushed back further if needed.

I just wanted to share that in case any of my fellow Minnesotans were getting as worried as I am. For the record we had close to 10 inches of snow late last week and are in another winter weather advisory tonight. Gotta love Minnesota!
    Not Michael Bush. My name is Dan. Sorry for the confusion.

Default Re: Mann Lake Minnesota Package Pickup

Yeah, here in WY we have 2 feet of snow on the ground and it is still snowing, and my packages come in on the 27 of April.

Nice thing about the Front Range is it won't stick around very long.

I picked a good year to move from MN to Michigan

I was kinda-sorta hoping that our delivery would be pushed back as well, but...
    Our bees came in yesterday and, in pouring rain on top of several inches of snow, we installed 26 packages. 5 more to do today.

The next shipment comes in around May first. The snow should be gone by then (6 - 9 more inches forecast for tonight...).
    -Phil Domeier
    www.nowthenhoney.com