Default Cross or parallel wire deep lang frames?

I have wax foundation with wire hooks and using in wedge top deep lang frames. Have any of you seen a benefit to parallel wire across the 2 center holes over criss cross using the top and bottom holes? Thanks

P.S. I realize that if this is the hardest decision I make today it will be a really easy day.

Default Re: Cross or parallel wire deep lang frames?

If you're just using it for brood comb there's no real advantage. When I used deeps, I pushed those little frame pins in to keep the foundation from getting too wavy before the bees built comb. Once the comb is built it's pretty sturdy. If you plan on using it for honey (which I know a small handful of people do) cross wiring it would help but the weight of a deep frame of honey is hard to hold together in an extractor. Bottom line for me, if it's for brood don't bother with cross wiring.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Yes its for brood. I'll use mediums for honey and probably parallel wire those. Thats what I've heard for those anyways. Thanks

I cross-wire and embed, it keeps the foundation flat instead of always bulging to one side. Those crimped wires from the factory were on rolls when the foundation was made and almost always retain some curl when the foundation warms up in the hive.

The bees do a good enough job of making irregular comb, I see no point in having the foundation slump sideways as well.

Peter