New Beek here. Due to the crappy cold rainy weather, we've only been able to do a 72 hour inspection on our two new hives until today, at the two week mark. During that 14 day period, we only had a couple days of sunshine, and only a couple where the temp got above 55 or so. So I did a hive inspection today on both. No smoke, but suited up. They were very docile I think. When I got into the first 5 frames and pull them I do see some cells capped with white tops, flat. Some cells with clear liquid, pollen in cells. I did not see what I would think were eggs, but I did see other bees with heads down in some other cells. Frames appeared loaded with bees on both sides so it was hard to see much unless I held it and waited for things to move around. I tried to keep the hives open for no more than 15 minutes or so. Temp today at near 56 and sunshine.
QUESTIONS: There was comb built across two of the frames, holding them together, and another clump of comb that was not within the confines of the frame. I took my tool and cut these off, and tried to clean up the areas. Would this have been what is called "Burr comb" and did I do right by removing it?
Will the bees take that comb I removed and re-cycle it into the hive if I leave it with them?
The capped cells as I mentioned were white looking. What I've read is that brood cells when capped look like brown paper bag color. My wife did take photos of what we saw, (none available right now) but any available
information or knowledge would be most appreciated. I might be able to post some pics later.
Now that we know things are 'progressing' with these colonies, when should the next inspection take place? When a hive is opened up like this, what keeps the queen from just flying away? Is it because she's always busy laying?

Thanks in advance