Default sluggish / outisde hive part of Nosema symptoms?

Have noticed along w the usu poop spray up to 100 workers gathered in little clumps of 5 to 20, seemingly immobilized, even tho the temp is in the low 60s. would love feedback on this if you’ve 1) seen it or 2) have a better understanding of it that I do. This is in the Portland Oregon area.
    For urban & suburban bee-ed & beekeeping. Live Honeybees | email 503-975-2391 cel

Default HELP US! Re: sluggish / outisde hive part of Nosema symptoms?

little clumps of 5 to 20, seemingly immobilized, even tho the temp is in the low 60s. would love feedback on this . This is in the Portland Oregon area.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like what I'm seeing. Lots of bees dying - maybe 15 to 20 a day. Drones and workers. Many just barely moving, lying on their sides. I'm new to beekeeping, and need help identifying and treating this. From what I've read, it does sound like maybe it is nosema, and I'm not sure what to do at this point. If I can stop it before the whole hive dies... Still learning.

I noticed dead bees during late winter/early spring at the entrance, and thought it normal die off. But now I see it is more. I have two hives and it seems that only one is affected, at least to this alarming level.

HELP!

Default Re: HELP US! Re: sluggish / outisde hive part of Nosema symptoms?

If the 5 to 20 bees are forming in a circle with their heads pointed toward each other, this was what bees did when they first had tracheal mite if I remember correctly.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon