Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ban Bee Poison 2,500,000 have signed already!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/hours_to_sav...myTAeb&v=24296

2,563,662 have signed the petition. Now let's get to 3,000,000

Default Re: Ban Bee Poison 2,500,000 have signed already!

Let's not

What.... pesticides kill bees, that's news to me....

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    Let's not
    why?

Got my vote. Doesn't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    why?
    What are they actually going to ban and why (actual scientifically based repeatable findings not inuendos and feelings)? The petition says nothing of this. Without knowing this, this merely means over 2.5 million are willing to be part of a lynch mob. I have no interest in being part of that.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

They are banning Bee poison!

But seriously. I'm for banning it all, not just because of Bees but all that crap can't be good for anything, water, land, air, animals, people... ALL OF IT is meant to KILL something. It can't be good, the only good it might have is that we eat cheaper food because the insects die from being sprayed and more crop is available but I am willing to bet they could find better ways if they were forced to. IMO.

But seriously. I'm for banning it all, not just because of Bees but all that crap can't be good for anything, water, land, air, animals, people... ALL OF IT is meant to KILL something. It can't be good, the only good it might have is that we eat cheaper food because the insects die from being sprayed and more crop is available but I am willing to bet they could find better ways if they were forced to. IMO.
    Trance... do a little more background reading. It's more complicated than you think. Most of what we read about the Nics/Imids is all hype... and it becomes pretty obvious when you look deeply into it.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

Quote Originally Posted by hpm08161947 View Post
    Trance... do a little more background reading. It's more complicated than you think. Most of what we read about the Nics/Imids is all hype... and it becomes pretty obvious when you look deeply into it.
    SOmething I can believe... I will thanks

EDIT: But I still don't like it and I still think better ways could be done

Antibiotics are meant to kill something too. Do you want to ban them as well? Logically you're cool with having lice, fleas, ticks, mosquitos, mites, etc (and eventually the diseases they carry) to get rid of all pesticides? You're also cool with crop failures, distribution shortages, and famine because of crop failures when plagues of uncontrolled insects hit regions of production because all pesticides have been banned?

"It doesn't hurt to try" Easy to say when your belly is full, your family is healthy, and it's not your livelyhood that's at risk.

The road to "heck" is paved with good intentions.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Quote Originally Posted by D Coates View Post
    Antibiotics are meant to kill something too. Do you want to ban them as well? Logically you're cool with having lice, fleas, ticks, mosquitos, mites, etc (and eventually the diseases they carry) to get rid of all pesticides? You're also cool with crop failures, distribution shortages, and famine because of crop failures when plagues of uncontrolled insects hit regions of production because all pesticides have been banned?

"It doesn't hurt to try" Easy to say when your belly is full, your family is healthy, and it's not your livelyhood that's at risk.

The road to "heck" is paved with good intentions.
    No, I am all for finding better ways that don't wreck the environment.

Ying and Yang. A month ago I started to come down with a sore throat. Instead of grabbing the throat spray, the Meds or whatever I grabbed Honey and some Cinnamon and mixed it together. That relieved my throat for hours and hours. I can't say it helped cure it but after a day or 2 my sore throat went away. Normally my throat gets worse.

I can kill weeds using Vinegar and not Monsanto's...

All I'm saying is there could be, "could be" other ways but sometimes there is not.

Life has always found a way to survive without us and with us. I for one do not wish death or any hunger on anyone but I also believe in the natural balance of things that man has disrupted. Man has set himself up for failure because he thinks he can do it better and in some cases can but at what cost? (Sometimes there is no costs but...)

why do you assume the vinegar is better than Roundup? Both are killing that plant and the stuff around it.....

Life has always found a way to survive without us and with us. I for one do not wish death or any hunger on anyone but I also believe in the natural balance of things that man has disrupted. Man has set himself up for failure because he thinks he can do it better and in some cases can but at what cost? (Sometimes there is no costs but...)
    In that case - reducing the population of the earth down to a sustainable level might be the most efficaceous use of your time.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

Quote Originally Posted by gmcharlie View Post
    why do you assume the vinegar is better than Roundup? Both are killing that plant and the stuff around it.....
    IMHO... Vinegar has a far longer term impact on the soil and it's microorganisms than Glyphosphate.... after all you are pouring Acetic Acid on the soil.

I am new to this site, but I have to say, Trance, people like you scare me to death.

One way or another, chemicals -- in one form or another, antibiotics, soap, medications, fertilizer, etc., are the reason we have thrived and prospered.

I would agree that we should try to find better ways, and as we continue to learn and understand our environement and the chemicals we use, we might -- but in no way would we be able to feed ourselves and the world without pesticides.

As suggested by others, I would strongly recommend you educate yourself and read about the subject -- maybe starting at scientificbeekeeping.com

To run around signing petitions, when you don't have clue about what you signing for, makes no sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-20-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: personal

This coming summer if Trance hopped on a flight to Minneapolis and drove 75 miles west out into the vast monocultures of corn and soybeans he might be surprised to see all the thriving bumblebees, honeybees and butterflies that can be found along the margins of the corn and soybean fields that were planted using neonicotinoid treated seed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZCOJnJU1UE

I'm not that freaking extreme. I believe in less Chemicals, do we need them, sure. Do we need all of them and so much, probably not. Heck we treat so much IMO we are doing more harm than good IMO. Look at all the drug resistant organisms that are now immune to penicillin. Isn't the same going on with Varroa mites? We just keep jumping to the next strongest stuff but in some cases we can't as that would do more harm to what we are trying to help/fix.

I'll ignore the assuming of other comments made towards me and supposedly my other beliefs and what I stand for and don't. You don't know me and you assume because I feel one way about something I must feel that way about other things. Kind of rude. I've never bashed anyone on here or slammed them, even if I didn't agree with them. For those who want to to sign the above , that's up to them. If they don't fine. I'm not here to fight over who is right and who is wrong. I did ask why just incase I over looked something. Thanks for the reply. And have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiamond View Post
    This coming summer if Trance hopped on a flight to Minneapolis and drove 75 miles west out into the vast monocultures of corn and soybeans he might be surprised to see all the thriving bumblebees, honeybees and butterflies that can be found along the margins of the corn and soybean fields that were planted using neonicotinoid treated seed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZCOJnJU1UE
    Watched some of the that video, thanks.

I'm not that freaking extreme. I believe in less Chemicals
    You are promoting a total ban on neonicotinoids, not just "less chemicals". Neonics Like
    PONCHO (clothianidin) are used on corn at the rate of only about one ounce per acre.
    So the amount of chemical used is very small.

Quote Originally Posted by orthoman View Post
    As suggested by others, I would strongly recommend you educate yourself and read about the subject -- maybe starting at scientificbeekeeping.com

Just looked some of it over and will continue reading. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast