Default truck with bees stopped and overheated

Bee package supplier just called and said that "the truck was stopped in Wyoming, the bees overheated and died". My three hives all died this winter, I was so looking forward to setting the new bees up this weekend.

I just feel so sad about a truck full of dead bees...

Default Re: truck with bees stopped and overheated

Anymore info. on this? Who and where the supplier is from? Were they just headed to Iowa by you or being dropped off at other locations/states? I am concerned because mine are being shipped to Dadant here in Watertown, WI. and I am planning on installing mine this weekend. Guess I will have to call my supplier otherwise. Thanks, juzzer

I buy from Draper's in Auburn, NE. I hope your bees weren't on the same truck but better call them I guess.

I just hope that if I have to wait three more weeks, the bees will have enough time to build up for the winter.

Sorry, I didn't mean the supplier, instead, do you know the name of the place the Bees are raised and trucked from initially? I assume California somewhere. I will be calling my supplier today since I haven't heard anything yet and my bees were to be here by the middle of this week.

That is a real crummy way to start the season. Is this your first year? juzzer

Did you hear anything from your supplier? I am curious because I also ordered from them in Watertown, WI, for the end of April time frame. I am wondering around what day they will get to town. Getting More snow up here.. haven't had time to set up an electric fence to keep bears and skunks out!

I don't know when this occurred but I would guess they froze?

With the storm We just had the roads were closed for several days. High yesterday was ~21 here in central Wyoming.

here is a thread from the commercial section about the truck and packages.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...r-cancellation
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Laurabee- I called dadant yesterday and Matt said that the truck wasn't coming to them, and it didn't affect us! Whew, thank goodness. As of yesterday, the bees were not in, I am hoping soon. The windows for good installing days are few and far between around here.

Hayward huh?! I love it, my summers were spent on Big Siss as a kid and still are today. Great lake and area. Do you really drive all the way here to get your bees? Let me know when you make it down to Watertown, maybe I would swing over to Dadant to meet you and hear how bees do in Hayward(not to sound creepy or anything though, ha!). juzzer

That sounds great! Keep me posted about when your bees arrive! This is my first year with bees, I didn't know where else to get them from so yep I'm driving down to Watertown this year. Will hopefully have a closer source next year, found a beekeeping club in Chippewa Falls but couldn't make it to the meeting last Sunday because of snow, ice, and wind. Which is what is happening today, too! Here's to hoping for some sunshine and 50 degrees soon!

Laurabee- I talked with Lee yesterday, he will have the 2# packages in today(Monday). Mine, and other's 3# packages should be here in about a week. Here is to hoping! juzzer

Great, thank you for the update! I am glad that they won't be in 'til next week. We have 7 inches of snow predicted tonight..