Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tazewell Co. Virginia
    Posts
    23

    Default Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    Do you think, JZS BZS queen cages would work for banking?
    Thanks in advance
    Giorgio

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    I bought queens last year from a local guy, and he used jzs bzs cages with a jzs bzs bar shown at this link:

    http://jzsbzs.com/order/index.php?ma...&products_id=8
    Last edited by djastram; 04-24-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling is hard. :)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tazewell Co. Virginia
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    Quote Originally Posted by djastram View Post
    I bought queens last year from a local guy, and he used jzs bzs cages with a jzs bzs bar shown at this link:

    http://jzsbzs.com/order/index.php?ma...&products_id=8
    Thanks
    I have never banked queens before, but this year looks like I will have more than I can sell very fast. I was not sure if the cages would be big enough.
    thanks again

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Frederick County, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    414

    Default Re: Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
    Do you think, JZS BZS queen cages would work for banking?
    Thanks in advance
    Giorgio
    We sometimes bank virgins using JZBZ cages--they work fine.
    Adam Finkelstein
    www.vpqueenbees.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Herrick, SD USA
    Posts
    4,241

    Default Re: Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    ....just make darn sure that you snap them securely closed.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wausau, WI, USA
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    Jim, that sounds like the voice of experience talking.

    Wisnewbee
    Honey Luv Farm

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Nehawka, Nebraska USA
    Posts
    45,403

    Default Re: Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    >Do you think, JZS BZS queen cages would work for banking?

    They work very well. Probably better than the screen wire cages where the bees can pull the queen's feet...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tazewell Co. Virginia
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    We sometimes bank virgins using JZBZ cages--they work fine.
    Adam Finkelstein
    www.vpqueenbees.com

    Thanks for your help Adam. I was in a class at VT a while back and Dr. Fell had some very kind words to say about you and your operation.
    As I get better at Queen Rearing I will contact you for one of your AI queens.
    Again thanks for your help.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Frederick County, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    414

    Default Re: Jzs Bzs cage for banking ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
    Thanks for your help Adam. I was in a class at VT a while back and Dr. Fell had some very kind words to say about you and your operation.
    As I get better at Queen Rearing I will contact you for one of your AI queens.
    Again thanks for your help.
    Hi Giorgio,
    You are welcome!

    Dr. Fell has always been a great teacher: his ability to make information understandable and applicable is amazing.

    Have a good season!
    Adam
    www.vpqueenbees.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads