Default Too cold to move bees?

I have been waiting for the weather to cooperate before taking a tree branch down to get a hive of bees. The bees have lived in this tree for several years but the branch is very close to breaking off. The weather has been cold and rainy all spring and doesn't show any signs of letting up. I am afraid that they may run out of feed and die before I can get them moved. We have had just a few days in the 50s with sun otherwise it has been rainy and lows are in the mid 30s and highs in the 40s. Should I wait until the weather gets warmer or can I do the cut out on the next decent day in the 50s even if it is supposed to rain for days after, if I immediately was to feed them.

Default Re: Too cold to move bees?

Sounds like to me the bees know what they are doing since they've been there that long. Another week or two and we are going to get more average, decent weather.

I am sure you are right I am just getting excited since this will be my first hive and I don't want to screw it up.

Believe me we ALL screw up at one time or another. It is all part of the learning curve, unfortunately.
    Sometimes you do everything correctly and it still gets messed up.