Default Bees are being shipped on thrusday, is this normal?

I have a package that is being sent out next thursday, with 3-4 day estimated delivery time, is this a normal practice so that they are sitting in a post office over the weekend? I would think most places would ship on monday or tuesday so they stay in transit and not hold up over the weekend?

Someone plese tell me I'm worrying for nothing.

Thanks!

Default Re: Bees are being shipped on thrusday, is this normal?

you should worry

Wow 3-4 day delivery seems extensive. Mine are supposedly shipping next tuesday with overnight delivery. I know chicken hatcherys only ship early in the week for that exact reason of not being there over the weekend

A 3-4 day delivery schedule may mean that they are to arrive on Saturday but will not be delivered until Monday. I would call the post office to inquire if they can notify you when the bees arrive.

I have received phone calls at 9:30pm, from the post office on Saturday to pickup bee's and quail before.

my post office is cool, they always call when I have critters mailed, I'm not worried about that, just don't know what to expect since it's my first package of bees, my other hive was a local nuc that I purchased. Maybe they won't take that long, they are coming from TN and I live in IL, I'm sure all will be well, aparently they know what they are doing they have been doing if for quite awhile, and came recomended by people on this site.