Default Would you recommend Pierco, or Mann Lake plastic frames?

I need about 3,800 frames, so I'd buy from Pierco because it comes out cheaper. But I'm wondering if Mann Lake is better.

Default Re: Would you recommend Pierco, or Mann Lake plastic frames?

I would post this in the commercial forum.

Personally, I say "none of the above". We inherited about 1000 plastic frames from the early 80's, and have yet to find an economical way to reuse/recycle them. We buy only crimped wire wax.

crazy Roland

i would recommend wax ... I have NO luck with plastic frames , my girls would build between the frames ,, if they did any thing with plastic frames

I bought a bunch of nucs 4 wood frames 1 plastic frame. The plastic frame were old, not a one drawn out.

Mann Lakes have straight foundation. Very often Piercos foundation in the plastice frames is quite warped. My bees don't have any problems drawing either of them out.

I like mann lake for the same reason westernbeekeeper mantioned. when I cycle them out of the hives I scrape a bit, and presure wash with hot water. clean as new,

Ten bears, how long does it take to pressure wash a frame - seconds or minutes? I am thinking of doing this.

I don't use a pressure washer on plastic frames I prefer to freeze them for a day or two and then use 5-1 scraper to scrap wax off but I don't try to scrape all off. I scrape down to a point where it leaves a fuzz of wax about a 1/4 " high on frames and the bees work on them from there, this process leaves wax on the frames and I save the rest for wax melter.
    Jack Moore ~ Sticky Bear Apiary
    Zone 7a ~ Elev: 4840ft. ~ https://www.facebook.com/StickyBearApiary

Are you talkiing Mann Lake asking price or "What is the best you will do price?" They are not always the same. I have little problem getting either drawn out if the bees are on a flow. I buy unwaxed ML because it is cheaper and coat them myself but I have clean old wax and time.

Having tried both I would go with Mann Lake again if I was ordering plastic frames. Heftier by far and the ones with metal embedded take a lot of abuse.
    Raising Vermont Bees one mistake at a time.
    USDA Zone 5A

I have 3,000 of the PF120s. They are more fragile than I would like, but not that fragile. I got them back before the price went up and they were cheap, but my main reason was the cell size was 4.94mm and that solves my Varroa issues...

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesnaturalcell.htm
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Quiney WI View Post
    Ten bears, how long does it take to pressure wash a frame - seconds or minutes? I am thinking of doing this.
    I have a rack that holds 10 frames two wide 5 down i made of 2"x3"wood. I scrape of the bulk of the wax being sure not to actually scrape the foundation. then turn the hot water on to my presure washer. I spray off the one side of the ten then flip and do the other although I have never timed it and I do bunches at a time. I would say maybe 10 minuets to do 10 frames. once preped