Default Hello from the CSRA

I finally joined. I've been browsing this forum for a long time but finally committed myself today. Y'all have given me so much useful information already, but I figured it was time to introduce myself. I live in the Central Savannah River Area that encompasses Georgia and South Carolina around Augusta, what we sometimes call Georgialina. I've been keeping bees since 2010, and have three top bar hives.

Default Re: Hello from the CSRA

jon...welcome to beesource...you will find alot of good info here....we have 5.5 acres on clark hill at soap creek are you familiar with it?

Welcome

Hello john, glad to see another local beekeeper, I am located rite up the road from you and have several hives at my house, Welcome to the board. Jr.

Welcome Jon! I was born and raised in Barnwell Co., SC. My late father retired from the "bum plant". So did my wife's late father. You ever found a place on earth hotter than Augusta in July?

Welcome Jon!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Thanks, everybody! Good to see so many from the CSRA! Clarks Hill is a nice area, although I'm not familiar with Soap Creek. We go to the lake on occasion to escape the heat during the summer.
    JRGN, I'm off of Brown Rd. Where are you? It would be great to connect some time. Never know when we might need a hand.
    Lazer, I'm not familiar with the "bum" plant. We have a lot of factories around here, but I have been through Barnwell heading to Hunting Island and Hilton Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wolff View Post
    Thanks, everybody! Good to see so many from the CSRA! Clarks Hill is a nice area, although I'm not familiar with Soap Creek. We go to the lake on occasion to escape the heat during the summer.
    JRGN, I'm off of Brown Rd. Where are you? It would be great to connect some time. Never know when we might need a hand.
    Lazer, I'm not familiar with the "bum" plant. We have a lot of factories around here, but I have been through Barnwell heading to Hunting Island and Hilton Head.
    You must be a newcomer to the area or young. lol The "bum plant is how the locals said "bomb" plant which is what the Savannah River Plant was always called. Maybe not now. I have been gone from the area since 1979. Both parents have since passed and I don't get down that way very often now. I do have a project I am working on in the "valley". Know where that is? Graniteville, SC to be exact. Good luck with the bees this year!

You left in '79 and I brought my family here in '97! But, yeah, I'm a newcomer compared to most of my neighbors. I have a good friend whose family settled the area before the Revolutionary War! I get down to Graniteville on occasion. Nice area. I think it will be a good year for bees, at least in our area. Good luck with yours, too!