Default Back into beekeeping with 4 corniolan nucs on order living here in NewHampshire!

Hi guys,
    Been looking for a good bee site! Looks like I have found it here. I look forwad to many hours in front of my computer when I can't be out with the bees.
    I would be interested in hearing results of changing to cornialons from other types (Italians in my case). How was the change and what advantages/dis-advantages have you found?
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Back into beekeeping with 4 corniolan nucs on order living here in NewHampshire!

I think Cornialons would work better in your area they are a more cold hardy bee,can go through winter with less stores and smaller clusters. Only bad thing i've found with them, they can build up fast in the spring and are more prone to swarm.

Default Re: Back into beekeeping with 4 corniolan nucs on order living here in NewHampshire!

Welcome to the site!

I think you mean, "Carniolan". Commonly nicknamed, Carnies.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Welcome back Dale!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com