Default North American ox-eye 'Light of Loddon'

Hello,
    I'm from Romania and I started three months ago a 3 bee hives hobby "activity".
    Saw in my parents garden a bushy yellow flower plant very much visited by bees an bumblebees.
    After a difficult search, a friend from the States told me its a North American ox-eye 'Light of Loddon' .
    Can someone tell me what does the plant provide: nectar, pollen or both and in what quantities, if its possible !
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: North American ox-eye 'Light of Loddon'

Welcome to Beesource!

I don't have specific knowledge of the ox-eye variety of sunflower, but sunflowers in general are considered pollinator friendly. Here is a link to a Bee Friendly Seed Mix that includes ox-eye with the notation that it provides both pollen and nectar:

http://www.wildflowermix.com/info/be...erennials.html
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

Thank you for bringing this up. I just watched bees on them in a garden in Woodside, California. Now you gave me the name. They appeared to be primarily working them for nectar. I will watch again this week.

That looks like Zinnia Profusion. I just planted some in my bee yard in Ben Lomond Ca. The nursery guy said that bees love them for nectar.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

OK, so I can guess there is no data about how much nectar the plant's flower is producing...

It is not a major honey or nectar plant here. A few beekeepers may recognize it...
    Master Beekeeper (EAS) and Master Gardener (U Maine CE) www.beeberrywoods.com