Default Newbie Question about foundation

Complete newbie here. I started my first hive last weekend. I checked on them today and all looked well -- queen was out of the queen cage and lots of comb building. However, the foundation on the frame that the most comb was built on had pulled loose from the frame. The foundation is held in place with pins through the side of the frame. Should I attempt to replace that frame or just leave it as is?

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

Default Re: Newbie Question about foundation

How loose? You can run an elastic band around the frame to hold the comb in place until the bees reattach. Then pull the band off later.
    "Someday we will look back and realize someone was right...and conveniently forget we were the ones that were wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by dnichols View Post
    How loose? You can run an elastic band around the frame to hold the comb in place until the bees reattach. Then pull the band off later.
    It looks like the bottom two pins are still holding the foundation and the top two pins have let fall over. The elastic idea might work. Thanks.

This is why I cross-wire and embed all my frames. It's difficult to fix a mess like that with bees all over it, and new comb is quite fragile.

Peter

make sure the queen is not on that frame . and get it put back in place if you don't it will only get worse
    thats the way i roll.

If it's drawn and straight, but leaning out, you can rubber band it in. If it's too wavy or buckled, I'd get it out.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF