Hybrid View

Default Is this statement really true?

Was looking around at the competitors websites and came across the following regarding package bees:

BeeWeaver Packages are the only packages hauled by the producer directly to customer pick up locations.

see the link: http://www.beeweaver.com/buy_beeweaver/packages

Is this really true? I know we haul our own. I thought others like OHBees did the same. I am sure there are others out there. Does anyone have any info to refute this claim. I'm not sure its purely accurate.

Secondly:

As per their claim that they have not used any mite treatments in over a decade I was wondering if there are any of their long time queen customers that will certifiably verify they have been able to do the same?

Default Re: Is this statement really true?

Beeculture had a few pages of pictures some # of months ago, they had randy oliver sitting calmly, and one of the pictures was of the air conditioned trailer trucks of one of the Calif. producers, that the caption said was to transport packages to the east coast. they also had a picture of the producer his wife, dogs, and workers, just can't remember the name.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

I believe it was Olivarez.
    Dave Faulkner. Zone 5b
    Third year beek in awe of these bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by dfaulkner View Post
    I believe it was Olivarez.
    true the oct 2012 bee culture pg 44. caption but look at this trailer this is what they haul packages all the way to the east coast, air cond. lots and lots of sensors, excellent ventalaion and very, very big. id scan the picture in but no way to post it.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

yes, ray is one of the bigger guys with a special hauler, I don't like to pick out names without there permission, but there are 4 major players in the same town as Ray's, and they all have trailers....... So does Koehnens.

When the Canadian border closed to US imported package bees the goose that laid the golden egg was slain.There was divorces,family breakups, times were tough on US package bee producers, they had to find other sources of income, most survived and came out ahead of the game.Ironically that border may open again if a lawsuit against the Federal gov't, and its CFIA is successful,the only other sources of packages for Canada is Australia and I think we all know what kinda stuff comes outta there.Winter loss survey's are a long ways from complete at this late winter stage, but demand is way up for packages.In fact there will be a shortage on account of new blueberry pollination growth in the Maritime 's and Quebec.One province down east is paying for the hives and you buy the bees, and I think the packages are subsidized too .Ontario had high winter losses from what I hear and here in Manitoba some keepers had disastrous losses, over 50 %...Honey is selling for $2/lb, it ain't hard to figure out

4-all,

1. I don't know. Never purchased a package in my life.

2. Yes, six years on Allstar/Buckfast.

Kind regards
    Stonefly7

No, I could give you at least 4 others I know that haul on the west coast and 2 on the east....