Default Plumbing in a honey house

In the Process of buying out a beekeeper out. He is using Galvanize pipe to his Clarifier and back up to his storage tank. Yes I realize galvanize pipe is a no no. But how is PVC. At this time I don't want to move to stainless.
    David
    My-smokepole
    http://www.davidspaintingandwallpapering.com"

Default Re: Plumbing in a honey house

PVC is ok, but you need to go to stainless. Stainless is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by My-smokepole View Post
    In the Process of buying out a beekeeper out. He is using Galvanize pipe to his Clarifier and back up to his storage tank. Yes I realize galvanize pipe is a no no. But how is PVC. At this time I don't want to move to stainless.
    David
    As a plumber, I'd recommend running pex. It's cheaper, and noted for not leaching any chemicals into the water. It's easy to use, no chemicals are involved in running it and its very frost resistant. Just a thought.

I'm also a plumber, if it where my honey house I'd like to see it in stainless. However stainless is sold in a lot of different grades, some of them even rust.
    On a side-note pex is a very clean product its even used in some medical devises.
    Dan

PVC is fine, Pex is eaiser and a little nicer to look at. Stainless looks pretty but is overkill and costly.

I'm a plumber and for ultra pure non leaching pipe use polypropylene pipe with fusion weld socket or butt joints. We've put a good bit in pharmaceutical companies and laboratories.