Default Feeding a new package question?

What is the best way to feed a newly installed package? I have pollen, but am now reading that honey is really what is necessary. I have good honey too, but don't now how to present it to the bees.

Default Re: Feeding a new package question?

Typically a new package would be fed sugar syrup. If you have honey that came from your healthy apiary, or from a beekeeper whose hive health you trust, you can feed that honey. But store bought honey may have issues that affect bees, even though those issues have no impact on humans.

One way to feed syrup is with a mason jar with small holes punched in the lid, placed upside down over the hole in the inner cover. Cover the jar with an empty hive body and then the outer cover.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Honey can be fed in any feeder you use for syrup. Just think of it as thick syrup. The biggest issue I have with feeding honey is setting off robbing.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks for the replies... I have begun and 1:1 sugar syrup for now and am glad I can just replace that with honey and use the jar feeding method when I do... I do also have good clean honey so maybe I will go one jar sugar and one jar honey...