Default Buying hives from CA

I was told once that there are people in CA that will sell hives right before almond pollination and then the money that is paid for pollination takes care of the cost of the hive. Does anyone know if this is true? Seems like an easy way to buy hives, just needing to cover transportation costs getting them back to wherever you are. Anyone ever done this before?

Default Re: Buying hives from CA

A lot of guys pollinate collect the fee, then sell the extra hives. Never heard of the scenario you mentioned.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by ajsher20 View Post
    I was told once that there are people in CA that will sell hives right before almond pollination and then the money that is paid for pollination takes care of the cost of the hive. Does anyone know if this is true? Seems like an easy way to buy hives, just needing to cover transportation costs getting them back to wherever you are. Anyone ever done this before?
    Yes it happens....... Not as simple as it seems. Every flea that comes with a dog is fraught with invisible details.

Every day the almonds get closer to bloom the higher the price gets. Way higher.

FYI: I will be glad to sell all the 8 frame count double deeps ( 10 frame ) that anyone is willing to hand over 3 benjamins anytime from December 15- January 20. After that 4 bennies might be the compulsory price to get me to part with the beloved ladies till Feb 1. After that all bets are off.

There u go Honey, sell it!