Hybrid View

Default Master Beekeeper

What resources are out there for Master Beekeepers or those interested in gaining similar knowledge. My state doesn't offer any type of certification (that I'm aware of) and I'm really not after a piece of paper to brag about, however, I am interested in a structured learning path. I would like to be able to say, okay I know this much but areas I really lack in are disease recognition, etc... etc...

Does anyone know of any resources or could anyone point me in the right direction? I'd really like to get my hands on some state any states master beekeepers test (a mock test or practice test whatever) just to see what type of material they cover and what type of research/study I should be focusing on.

Thanks for the replies.
    We the willing have done so much with so little for so long we can now do anything with nothing

Default Re: Master Beekeeper

You might try your regional beekeeping associations. I know the Eastern Apiculture Society has a master beekeeper program.
    "Of all God's creatures, only the honeybee improves its environment and preys on no other species."--Haydon Brown

Start HERE.

The UF Bee program is extremely good. Dr. Jamie Ellis even made sure that you can get a degree from UF without ever stepping foot on campus.
    Dig around, and contact them. The library and information is extensive. They always seem to be extremely willing to help.

Let us know which way you go and your impressions. Good Luck

Awesome, thank you guys for the responses. Going through that website right now crazylocha. Appreciate the info.
    We the willing have done so much with so little for so long we can now do anything with nothing