Default Is my honey considered raw?

I know this question is debatable depending on personal opinions, as I have found on the internet.
    1. Can anyone explain how Raw Honey is, "Raw" Honey? In other words, the definition, from the beekeepers point of view.

2. I uncap my comb(serrated knife now, probably a heated one this year), hand crank the frames in a galvanized unheated extractor, pour it through 2 different sized Micron filters and then it sits in the bucket for storing. Much of my honey has crystallized so that it cannot be poured. So, I heat water until it boils and then I turn off the heat and place my container of crystallized honey in the water for a while and then it is good to go.

So.....please vote, in your opinion, is my honey still considered to be raw? If not, at what point did it become, "non" raw and then what is my honey considered to be?

The reason I ask this all is because I have always considered my honey to be raw, it wasn't until a friend of mine wanted to know if my honey is "raw". Not wanting to be at all incorrect, I could not explain why my honey is considered raw other than I really didn't consider my honey to have been, "processed" in any way. Thanks, juzzerbee

Default Re: Is my honey considered raw?

depends on how hot it got with that water, keep it under 120 and its still raw in my state rule books.

As long as you keep honey coolish (under 120 as gmcharlie correctly notes) than it should be considered raw. It does not matter what is or is not in it.
    Last edited by Andrew Dewey; 04-09-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Master Beekeeper (EAS) and Master Gardener (U Maine CE) www.beeberrywoods.com

After a day or so, skim the air bubbles off of the top of the honey in your bucket, then bottle as soon as possible. I bottle my unheated raw honey into wide mouth 1 and 2 1/2 pound glass jars. I sell as much as I can make this way. Many of my customers prefer the honey once it granulates.

I've read 110F at the hottest, also 115F at the hottest. We warm ours closer to the low end.
    I think some of the states that defined raw honey used 110 or 115F

We set up a warming box with a 100W ceramic heating element, & a thermostat.
    Dan

I sell/ give mine away
    As Raw UNfiltered
    I put mine through a strainer and bottle

I also sell/give raw filtered honey IMHO two totally different products

I do as mentioned above if needed to make liquid again