I don't know nabber. The op said that it would take a tiny amount to kill a whole bunch of bees, then you twisted it up by saying that if it was the particular chemical that YOU chose then it would take a lot more of it, and you would have to make them eat it first anyway, so strike three. Nabber wins. I would ask if I got any of that wrong, but I already re read it, and I didn't.
And yes I understand that toxicity was measured by mixing the poison with syrup and feeding it to the bees, and farmers don't do that, so it must be harmless if you follow the directions.
I also understand that these chemicals are insecticides, and bees are insects. Some of them act systemically, by making the entire plant more or less an insecticide - thus killing pests that try to eat those plants. Whether it is true or not it makes sense that bees which gather pollen or nectar from such a plant could be carrying tiny doses of poison back to the colony. And true or not it also makes sense that when that hive ingests that poison while also under seasonal stress, that it could cause winter colony collapse.
Neonicitinoids may not have a thing to do with the high percent of colony loss we have seen this year. I certainly can not prove that they do, but you can't prove that they don't. And no one who is in any position to do anything about it cares one bit about what either one of us thinks.