Default Quick answer needed, will emergency queen cells put in cages hatch?

Am about to go to my hive and cut up emergency queen cells and place in queen cages to emerge, will this work?
    There are about 5 emergency cells and I want to replace the queens in a couple of other hives so I was hoping to cut the cells up and let them hatch in cages then transfer them to other hives and then remove the existing queens. They are due to hatch today I think(hopefully they haven't already)
    Last edited by 100 td; 04-14-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: Quick answer needed, will emergency queen cells put in cages hatch?

Of course that will work. Go ahead to do this as fast as you can before they hatch out to kill
    off each others.

It's 9:28 pm,I would think you cut them already
    I too think it would work fine. If your hatch time
    is not to far off ??
    Hope it worked well.
    Be sure too update us

Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    It's 9:28 pm,I would think you cut them already..............
    ..................Be sure too update us
    It was 11 am downunder! Bad luck,they tore down all 5 cells, not even any sign of where they were, they were due to hatch in 24 to 48 hours, checked my calendar. Didn't see a virgin queen, no egss, no larva, will look again in a few days. Meanwhile I might put a frame of egs/larvae in.

You have a virgin queen............

Quote Originally Posted by 100 td
    Didn't see a virgin queen,... will look again in a few days
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    You have a virgin queen............
    I am hoping for one, however, she must have been already in the making (supercedure or swarm{I doubt swarm}) before I killed the marked queen as she couldn't have hatched yet. I accidentally killed the queen 5th April, new queen should hatch 17th April, I checked 15th and cells were torn down. I think I'll still add a frame just in case, it's getting late downunder to be making queens.