Sold Out Where to buy March queens?

I have a queenless hive, and my other hive is too small to take any egg frames from. Besides, I don't think a fresh queen would find any drones this early.
    Is there a queen to be bought anywhere this time of the year? I've called all my usual sources, and they are either too far north, or completely sold out to apiaries. I just want to get my back yard hive moving. Darn.

Default Re: Where to buy March queens?

You should have plenty of drones in GA this time of year, we split hives down there 2 weeks ago, and there was an abundance of drones for the new queens to mate with. Try Rossmans or D Best. Miksa might be able to help, but I think he was booked up thru May for queens.
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

Peter - I sent you a PM

Try migratory beeks in your area. They will be raising queens and making splits. That is where I am getting my queens to make my splits at this time of year. They generally will not mail the queens and you will probably have to pickup on location. The ones I know are most helpful and raise nice queens this time of year. Also, they have saved their best producers from last year to make queens for this years so you benefit from their high production queens.

Kindest Regards
    Danny Unger
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

Call Bob Harvey great queens ...(772)284-0033

I just submitted my own post but I am in need of two queens here in Bedford Va. Anyone have any ideas? I have called around a lot without any luck. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrohs View Post
    I just submitted my own post but I am in need of two queens here in Bedford Va. Anyone have any ideas? I have called around a lot without any luck. Thanks.
    Kelley Bee is close to you.

I called them already and they don't have them until 4/15 and I was trying to get them sooner than that. How long can I really wait if they are queenless?

Should I steal a frame of one brood from a friend to suppress laying worker development?

If you have brood they already should be working on a new one.

Sorry I was not specific enough... I have two hives that have packages and the queens never made it out of the cages. There is n brood whatsoever so my question was how long can I wait before I have to get a queen in there. I didn't think I could wait until 4/15.

Should I see if I can get a frame of open brood to put in my hives to suppress the laying workers from developing?

A frame of brood will get you a queen if it also has some larvae in it. Southerns likely have queens now and maybe some in the mail to u today?

Jgrohs,
    I spoke with the owner of Valley Bee Supply in Fishersville, VA and they have a large number of Italian Minnesota Hygienic Queens arriving today.
    https://valleybeesupply.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williamson View Post
    Jgrohs,
    I spoke with the owner of Valley Bee Supply in Fishersville, VA and they have a large number of Italian Minnesota Hygienic Queens arriving today.
    https://valleybeesupply.com/
    I should have posted this here earlier as well, but as I said in my other post you all were correct and I was able to get queens from Valley Bee Supply over the weekend. Thanks so much for the help!