Default I guess I said something to offend them...

I have caught 4 swarms so far this year. Two swarms a week ago, one yesterday (4/6) and one today. I took yesterdays swarm to the yard and checked my two previous swarms and they both looked good with good activity. I did a short one minute inspection on both.
    I went to the yard today to drop off todays swarm and noticed zero activity on one of my first swarms. A quick check and I found they had up and left. I have heard of this happening to others, but this is the first time it has happened to one of mine. So, they were there for six days before they left. Pretty rude in my opinion.
    I moved for a job transfer half way across the country, so I am starting my hives all over. I do not have any brood to put in the hives to help tie them down. I do have some comp that I have put in all four swarms, but I guess these girls were just the wayward type.

Default Re: I guess I said something to offend them...

Were you feeding them? A jar of syrup goes a long way to make the new digs look good.
    Since '09-25H-T-Z6b

Yes I was David, I was actually feeding them with a zip lock bag. This is the first time I have used this method, and I really like it.

Should of put a patty too to lock them in. On the bright side you still have 3, right.
    Hopefully more will come by later on. We're still in early spring now.