Default Would it work for my best intrest???

I have a queen I am trying to find and pinch, after I do this I want to combine this hive with a less aggressive hive.

This will insure that the new hive gets the bee numbers and brood it needs to get honey produced this year, while calming down the old hive that I just got last year, that didnt produce honey either, to help them produce well this year.

would this be in my best intrest, or should I do something different?

Default Re: Would it work for my best intrest???

How about replacing the queen in the aggressive hive with a more gentle tempered one and having two colonies to build up?

Default Re: Would it work for my best intrest???

Quote Originally Posted by D1here View Post
    I have a queen I am trying to find and pinch, after I do this I want to combine this hive with a less aggressive hive.

This will insure that the new hive gets the bee numbers and brood it needs to get honey produced this year, while calming down the old hive that I just got last year, that didnt produce honey either, to help them produce well this year.

would this be in my best intrest, or should I do something different?
    What you illustrate aught to work just fine. Whether the results are what you hope they will be will remain to be seen. When people ask me how much honey I am going to make this year I usually say, "Ask me in October how much I made." Best of luck D1.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."