Default Enter Key Won't Work

Yesterday, Microsoft downloaded a new version of IE onto my laptop. Now the enter key won't work when I am on Beesource. It works everywhere else. Any ideas on what this is all about?

Default Re: Enter Key Won't Work

An excellent reason to switch to the Chrome browser!

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrom...&utm_medium=ha
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    An excellent reason to switch to the Chrome browser!

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrom...&utm_medium=ha
    I would second the Chrome Browser. Even FoxFIre is superior to IE.....
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

How do I get my favorites list to work in Chrome? I have Chrome, but the favorites saved in IE don't work, which is a pain.

I've noticed that before when I used to use windows. Other browsers allowed "enter" to act like a click and then IE stopped that. Not sure why. It doesn't seem to be consistent except that it's always been an IE issue. I think you can go to the beesource.com website and then, in IE, use your menu and find out where "compatability mode" is located. Add beesource.com to the list of sites that you want to use "compatability mode" for and that might help. I think we had to do that at work when we used IE. Also, as mentioned, you may want to take Firefox or Chrome for a spin in case you like their offererings better or as an alternative.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

> How do I get my favorites list to work in Chrome?

Have you tried this?
    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin...n&answer=95418

Also, more possibilities here:
    http://productforums.google.com/foru...me/UYeVHuzYfVY
    Graham

Neil in Chrome, click on "bookmarks" and then there's an option to import. Choosing that option will allow you to pull your "favorites" (odd name since I unfortunately have the IRS as a bookmark but it clearly is not a favorite) to be pulled into Chrome. In Firefox, I synch all my bookmarks across all my devices. They update automatically so when I bookmark something at work, it shows up on my server at home, my laptop, my phone, my tablet, etc. You can even synch saved passwords and the like.
    Last edited by Ravenseye; 04-06-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: spelling

> I unfortunately have the IRS as a bookmark but it clearly is not a favorite

You can highlight this "favorite", then right-click, choose properties, and edit the title of the "favorite". Doing this does not change the URL itself. So you could have a working link to the IRS, but it is described (named) as "Infernal Revenue Service", or "Gypsies, Tramps And Thieves", or ........
    Graham

I knew how to edit the name. Just think it's weird that MS calls the links "favorites". I could never get used to that. I think I'll change the IRS link to "Ugghhh". Cause that's what I say every time I click it!

Thanks, I now have favorites in Google Chrome.